Instruction for using elevated working platforms, forklifts and telescopic forklifts
The objective of instruction is safety-oriented behaviour.
Instruction enables you to pass on our expertise and our experience to your employees, making your company more successful.
The instruction covers two main topics:
- The dangers that employees are exposed to during their work and
- The safety measures for avoiding dangers
Advantages of instruction:
- Your employees learn how to assess risks and therefore work with fewer mistakes
- You fulfil the legal obligations for instruction.
- The employees know which protective equipment and safety measures are prescribed.
- Your employees can work safely and smoothly and are therefore more productive.
- Your employees are more motivated, as they see that your health and safety are important in the company.
- Your work procedures are more reliable, as the employees are better informed.
According to Sec. 12 of the German Occupational Safety Act, Sec. 12 of the German Industrial Safety Regulation and Sec. 4 of the German Statutory Accident Association (DGUV), Regulation 1, the employer must instruct its employees regularly (annually). The DGUV Regulation 1 even requires a written verification.
Regularly repeated instruction is necessary because everybody forgets what they have learned after a while. Just try to remember what your leaned in school, for example.
Experience shows that we tend to forget a lot, even under favourable conditions. Especially when no accidents occur, the dangers and safety measures are quickly forgotten and repeated instruction is required to refresh our memories.